The Base Youth Centre is a perfect venue for children’s parties with a maximum capacity of 65 children aged 7-17 years. Whether you need space for a disco, an area to play games or just want to take advantage of the centre’s facilities we have a package for you.
The centre has a superb newly fitted open plan kitchen with microwave, oven & hob, fridge/freezer, fitted disco lights & sound system for you to play your iPod. Blackout blinds, plus all the facilities you would expect at a youth centre; pool, table tennis, table football, air hockey, computer suite with free wireless internet access.
There is also an adjacent sports hall available to hire at an additional cost from Hook Village Halls (HVH), together with an external hard court area which also needs to be booked with HVH but is free of charge. Hook Village Halls on 01256 760442 or email email@example.com
Availability: Please contact The Base to discuss on 07704 517794 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Term Time: Weekends only 10.00am to 8.00pm
Holidays: Weekdays and Weekends 10.00am to 8.00pm
Hire Costs: £70.00 for 2 hours
(plus 15 minutes setting up/clearing away time each side of hiring free of charge).
Please note that all children attending parties at the youth centre remain the responsibility of their parent/carer at all times. Please make sure enough adults attend to supervise the children throughout the party. We recommend one adult for every 10 children.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- The party hire package covers the use of the youth centre and its facilities.
- The booking is not confirmed until you receive an invoice, we receive full payment for party with refundable deposit (cash or cheque made payable to The Base Youth Centre). Deposits are refundable on satisfactory inspection of cleanliness of the Hall, grounds and contents. Provisional bookings will only be held for a period of two weeks. If not confirmed by booking form at the end of this period, the date may be released.
- Should the hirer cancel the party booking a £10 admin fee will be withheld.
- During the party, the hirer will be responsible for the supervision of their guests. We recommend one adult for every 10 children.
- The equipment provided is suitable for children aged 7 to 17 years and consideration of this should be taken when inviting guests.
- The hirer and their guests shall not use the equipment for any other purpose other than what it is intended for.
- The Base Youth Centre will accept no liability for any injury caused to any persons during the party.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption within the premises is strictly forbidden.
- Ball games in the youth suite are strictly prohibited.
- Hire of the adjacent sports hall is available at an additional cost from Hook Village Halls (HVH) (Tel: 01256 760442 or e-mail: email@example.com). The external hard court area also needs to be booked with HVH but is free of charge.
- After the period of hire, any spills on the floor must be mopped/wiped up and the floor swept, clean furniture (if required) and dispose of any rubbish in the outside bins provided . Replace bin liners. The cooker and fridge, if used, must be cleaned and emptied. Toilets and washbasins must be left clean and tidy as found. Any equipment used must be returned to its proper storage space after use. Mops and brooms are in the cleaning cupboard. Failure to comply may result in an extra charge for cleaning the premises. Decorations such as balloons and streamers may only be attached with blue-tac. Please do not use pins or adhesive tape on the walls or paintwork. Nothing may be attached to the TV screens. All decorations must be removed before leaving the hall. The premises must be left in good order and vacated no later than the time booked because there may be another booking immediately after.
- First Aid Kit is stored in the kitchen cupboard under the sink.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that vehicles using the car parks are parked in such a way so as not to obstruct access by emergency vehicles.
- The Hirer is responsible for holding a list of all attendees in case of emergency evacuation.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that people attending are aware of the fire evacuation procedures including the location of the fire exits.
- The Hirer is responsible for the conduct and behaviour of all people attending the event. The BYC reserves the right to terminate the event, without any refund of costs, if the conduct and behaviour is deemed to be unacceptable.
- Any loss or damage to the premises or to any fixture or fitting therein (which shall include any light, electrical fittings or glass in doors or windows) or to any sports or other equipment on the premises shall be replaced/made good by the hirer to the management’s satisfaction.
- Any furniture and equipment used by the hirer shall be returned to its original position.
- Activation of the fire alarms through misuse may result in an extra charge being levied on the hirer by HVH.
- Noise emanating from both inside and outside the youth centre is to be kept to a minimum to avoid disturbance to neighbours.
- The hirer must not sub-let or transfer the booking to another person.
- 15 mins prior to party and 15 minutes after are free of charge to allow for set-up and clearing up.
- The Base Youth Centre reserves the right to cancel or terminate your booking at any time. The BYC will refund any monies paid in advance.
- Hirers will be expected to vacate their guests and equipment within 15 minutes of the end of their hired period. Failure to comply with this will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- For peak period hire – bank holidays/Easter/Christmas & New Year please contact firstname.lastname@example.org